William Kring, CFP®
Wealth Advisor, Chief Investment Officer, Principal
William "Bill" Kring is the founder of Wealth & Pension Services Group, Inc., and 401k ProAdvisor, where he serves as chief investment officer and principal. Previously, Bill founded Kring Financial Management, Inc. which later became a wholly owned subsidiary of National Financial Partners in which Bill was a partner.
As a twenty year financial veteran, Bill offers broad expertise in wealth management services including asset management, fiduciary consulting, retirement, trust and estate planning, as well as insurance and 401(k) plan services. His highly personable nature and his passion for the industry has made him a frequently sought after as a lecturer, expert, contributor and mentor across a wide cross-section of influential corporations, peers, publications and colleges.
Past contributions to his profession include responsibility as President of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners - Georgia Society, and Chairman of the Financial Planning Association of Georgia, as well as technical editor for the Journal of Financial Planning and as adjunct instructor for the College of Financial Planning. In 2014, Bill was once again named in Atlanta Magazine as a Five Star Wealth Manager recognizing the top 7% in the industry based on 10 objective criteria.
When not assisting clients, Bill likes to stay active. In his past, he competed as a U.S. Cycling Federation class III rider in both road and track. He now enjoys a variety of sports activities, including non-competitive cycling, golf, sporting clays, skiing, and hiking. Bill enjoys spending time with family and friends, along with reading mysteries and history, and playing the piano. Always interested in art and architecture, Bill is currently learning how to paint.
- Certified Financial Planner™ Professional
- FINRA Series 7, 66 & 24 Securities Licenses
- Georgia Insurance Licenses - Health, Life & Variable Products
- Indiana University - Kelley School of Business
- Bachelor of Science, Business - 1986
- Atlanta Magazine, Selected as Five Star - Best Personal Wealth Manager (2018, 2014, 2013, 2012)
- Paladin Registry, FADD Certification
Associations and Industry Outreach:
- Past President, Institute of Certified Financial Planners-Georgia Society.
- Past Chairman, Financial Planning Association - Georgia
- Technical Editor, Journal of Financial Planning and Financial Planning Perspectives
- Adjunct Instructor, College for Financial Planning
- Technical advisor to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's "Money & More Financial Symposium."
- Frequent Contributor to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's "Finding Help" column
- USA Today
- CNN Headline News
- Smart Money
- CBS Market Watch
- Investor's Business Daily